LIGHTENED JALAPEÑO POPPER DIP
- 1 8-oz. pack neufchâtel cheese (basically the same as low-fat cream cheese)
- 1/2c fat free greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise (the real kind – this will give you the perfect texture to make it feel non-lightened)
- 1/2 c shredded mexican blend cheese (low fat if you prefer)
- 1/2 c parmesan
- 1/2 can diced green chilis (2 oz)
- 2 fresh jalapeños, seeded and minced
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 c panko bread crumbs
- 1 Tbsp butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375 F. In a medium bowl, blend together neufchâtel cheese, yogurt, and mayo until smooth.
- Stir in 1/2 c mexican cheeses, 1/4 c of the parmesan, diced chilis, minced jalapeños, salt, and pepper.
- Remove dip to an oven-safe container (I just used a pie pan). Mix panko bread crumbs with melted butter and remaining parmesan, sprinkle mixture over top.
- Bake for 20 min, then switch to the broiler for 3 additional minutes to make the top extra golden brown