- 60 Maraschino cherries with stems
- 3 Tbsp. butter, softened
- 3 Tbs. corn syrup
- 2 c. powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 1/2 bags chocolate chips, semi-sweet or milk chocolate
- 2 tsp. oil
- Drain cherries and set on paper towel to dry
- In a medium bowl, combine butter and corn syrup until smooth. Stir in powdered sugar and knead to form a dough. Chill to stiffen if necessary. Wrap each cherry in about 1 tsp of dough. Chill until firm.
- In a microwave-safe bowl melt chocolate chips with oil for about 20 seconds at a time (stirring each time) until chocolate is just melted and completely smooth.
- Dip each cherry in by its stem and place on wax paper-lined sheets. Place in an air-tight container (like a large tupperware) and store in a cool place for TWO WEEKS (yes, it is a long time– but patience… I promise they taste best if you wait until the fondant softens)!